This Policy applies to our customers, agents, vendors, suppliers, partners (such as tutors and learners), contractors and service providers (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”)
If you disagree in part or in whole with any of the herein determined conditions of the Terms you must discontinue your access and use of the Website immediately.
MyClaaz E-Learning provider works to ensure that your privacy is protected when using our services. We therefore have a policy set out to make you better understand the reasons and purpose of the collection of personal data as well as the agency’s commitment to ensure that your data is securely processed and protected.
- Privacy of Personal Data
- Purpose of Personal Information collected
The personal data you provide will be collected, held on computer and/or in manual files, used, disclosed and otherwise processed by us for the following purposes:
- Sending you information on the latest tuition job offers
- to improve our services; and, to respond to requests or complaints
- to manage, verify and complete transactions with you in regards to the agency’s business relationship with you
- to communicate with you, including responding to your enquiries
- You contact or register with us (whether online or otherwise)
- You visit the MyClaaz website
- Provide us feedback or contact us via email or telephone
- check whether MyClaaz holds or uses your personal data and request access to and/or a copy of such data that we retain about you;
- request that MyClaaz correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that MyClaaz cease processing your personal data.
- Source of the personal data
We collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, you may provide your Personal Data to us when you:
- fill up a user profile or registration forms;
- provide information to assess your eligibility to provide services as a tutor/lecturer;
- interact with our social media pages;
- participate in contests or events organised by us;
- use biometric features to identity yourself; and
- fill up demographic information in surveys.
Personal Data may be collected through the normal operation of our Apps, Websites, Services. Some examples are:
- your location (to detect your residence or lesson locations);
- feedback, ratings and compliments;
- transaction information (such as payment method);
- information about how you interacted with our Apps, Website or services (such as features used and content viewed);
- device information (such as recorded video, video conferencing, hardware model and serial number, IP address, file names and versions and advertising identifiers); and
- personal data you enter in messages when you use our in-app communication features.
From other sources
When we collect Personal Data from other sources, we make sure that that data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable laws. Such sources include:
- referral programmes;
- our business partners, such as universities, schools, tuition centres and others;
- insurance and financial providers;
- publicly available data;
- governmental sources of data;
- when our users add you as an emergency contact; and
- marketing services providers or partners.
- Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the information that we collect is sensitive in nature. This includes information such as national ID numbers, race, marital status, and your health or religious beliefs. We only collect this information when this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Providing services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- provide you with Services across our various business verticals;
- engage you to provide Services;
- create, administer and update your account;
- verify your identity;
- validate your qualification and process payments;
- offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions;
- track the progress of lesson and detect abnormal complaint;
- enable features that personalise your App, such as lists of your favourite places and previous teaching places;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- process and manage your rewards;
- enable communications between our users;
- process, manage or verify your application for subscription with MyClaaz and to provide you with subscribers’ benefits; and
- Your Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and correct information about you held by us. You may call us at 03-61774612.
- Disclosing your information
We only keep Personal Information for as long as is necessary to satisfy the specified purposes for which it was collected. We retain Personal Information in accordance with our own guidelines, procedures and principles and in line with applicable legislation.
However, in certain circumstances, it would be necessary for us to provide or disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law or requirement of a competent authority. We may also disclose your data to third party companies or product providers (e.g. auditors, lawyers, company secretaries, service providers, events and training organisers, telecommunications companies, cloud computing or data backup service providers and other advisers).
- Legal purposes
We may use the Personal Data we collect to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by applicable law
We may also use your Personal Data when we are required, advised, recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority.
For example, we may use your Personal Data to:
- comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; and
- protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
- We may also use your Personal Data in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or acquisition of all or part of our business by another company.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes
MyClaaz may also use and process your data for other purposes by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email including but not limited to the following (Additional Purposes):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from MyClaaz, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by MyClaaz, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions.
- Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with MyClaaz, using MyClaaz’s services, purchasing products from MyClaaz or by virtue of your engagement with MyClaaz, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by MyClaaz as described in this Notice.
MyClaaz shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with MyClaaz, by continuing to use MyClaaz ís services, purchasing products from MyClaaz or by your continued engagement with MyClaaz following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
- Contacting us
At any time, you can withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information by contacting us at +603-61774612, +60361862345 or +601158530074 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have previously opted in to receiving communications from us, we will assume that we continue to have your consent, unless you specifically unsubscribe.